It is identified that the establishment date of our chamber is around 1890s’; just after the foundation of the Agriculture and Industry Chamber of Hudavendigar (Bursa) Province. Founders of our chamber were Konstantin Pençileri and Ali Galip Bey.
Its activities stopped for a while during the Greek occupation in between 1920-1925. After the occupation in 1925 as a result of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry law (law no 655) our chamber was re-established by the Ali Rıza Bey’s attemts.
In 1938 the first indsutrial establisment of Gemlik¸ “Suni İpek Factory” was opened by the founder of our country Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. Beside of this the olive oil workshops were modernized and became the first signs of industrilization at Gemlik.
In 1984 The Chambers of Commerce and Industry Centers of Orhangazi and İznik towns were founded from our chamber and started the serve their members of their own regions.In 1999 The Free Trade Zone of Bursa was established within our region. As a result of this numeraous factories were built in our town and industrilization in Gemlik has increased decisively.To obtain the standarts of globilization on serving to our members and continious improvement at our services, our chamber had certificated by TSE in 2006 and became an Accredited Chamber of Commerce Center in 2008 by TOBB (The Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey)